We provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum aimed to challenge and stimulate the children’s learning. A variety of teaching approaches ensures that the children are involved in active, collaborative learning whenever possible. The curriculum covers those areas defined in the National Curriculum as English, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Design Technology, History, Geography, Music, Art, Physical Education, Religious Education and Personal, Social and Health Education.
We have provided further information about our curriculum on our website. Please click the required links:
- Curriculum Overviews and Plans
- Find out about our Curriculum Rooms where we learn Art, Design and Technology, Computing and Cookery
- Parents Guide to the National Curriculum
- How we promote British Values at Cestria Primary School
- Our approach to Reading & Phonics
- How we teach Spelling at Cestria Primary School
- Assessment – Attainment, Levels and Targets
- How we encourage good homework habits at Cestria Primary School
- Our approach to reading and phonics – How we teach reading at Cestria
Primary Science Quality Mark achieved in 2018
Please click on the links below for details.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Cestria Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEND Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.