Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes and discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with staff to discuss their progress and support. Children can visit Mrs Ward to discuss their needs and this can also be discussed by other members of our school.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan.
- A face to face meeting every term is encouraged to ensure parents read through support plans, their parental voice is noted and they are in agreement.